Visualize furniture in your own home using augmented reality. SnapShop gives you confidence that a sofa or chair looks great in your living room before you buy. Whether you're looking for a new couch, or just having fun coming up with ideas for a future remodel, SnapShop is the perfect tool to imagine how it might look and get feedback from friends. How it works: 1) Walk into your living room and launch SnapShop. 2) Browse our always growing furniture catalog and choose a category like sofas. Pick your favorite sofa from a list of images which brings up your iPhone camera with an overlay of the sofa so you can point and see the sofa where you'd like it to go (iPod Touch or iPad users can load a picture from their camera roll). 3) Use your fingers to position and rotate the sofa in the right spot and take a photo. It really looks like the sofa is in your living room! 4) Tap the screen to see a menu of options 5) Use the back and forward buttons to flip through different models and colors 6) Save the photo or email it to yourself and friends to get their opinion. The email links to the brand's website so you can do more research later. 7) Tap the shopping cart button to visit the retailers website without leaving the SnapShop app
KEY FEATURES: • Browse products from your favorite brands, like IKEA, Crate&Barrel, CB2, Horchow and Pier1. Our catalog includes product descriptions, dimensions, and pricing • Preview different products and color variations and use familiar gestures to position furniture in your live camera or on an image loaded from your camera roll • Email a photo of the virtual furniture to your friends • Go directly to the retailer's page to buy or get more info
• iOS 5.0 support
• iPad support
• Improved interface
1.29 (Feb, 2012)-
• iOS 5.0 support • iPad support • Improved interface
1.21 (Dec, 2010)-
- Retailers can now offer discount coupons
- Retailers can now customize the look of their category under Featured Brands.
- Fixed bug with saving to Evernote.
1.20 (Nov, 2010)-
-Larger product selection -Improved user experience -Post your visualizations on Facebook -Save your visualizations in Evernote
1.11 (Sep, 2010)-
- Bug fixes
- Added push notifications
1.1 (Aug, 2010)-
• Buy from the retailer's website by tapping on the shopping cart icon • Flip through products and color variations while seeing how each one looks in your space through the live camera • Mirror the product image to better match the perspective of your room • Get notified when new inventory becomes available (optional) • Much improved user experience
App Store Reviews
caraqs, 5 stars:
Useful app to shop for furniture and compose a room!