LISTENING IS THE NEW READING Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy® award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Download the Audible app free today.
WHAT’S TO LOVE - Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen. - Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others. - Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO - The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins - IT by Stephen King - The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson - I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart - Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER - Download your books to listen to offline. - Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices. - Customize your narration speed. - Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter. - Seamlessly switch between listening to audiobooks and reading ebooks on your Amazon Kindle with Whispersync for Voice
AUDIBLE APP FOR APPLE WATCH Now you can leave your phone at home and take your Audible books with you on Apple Watch.
Sync your Audible titles from your iPhone and play them from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Rewind, pause or set a sleep timer from your watch.
Experience the freedom of hands-free listening: stay active while listening to best selling audio books or hit the road, sit back and enjoy while commuting. Available on Apple Watch Series 1 or higher.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED 1. Download the free Audible app 2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account 3. Choose any book to start listening. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING “I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!
Auto-refresh now available: When you buy a new audiobook or one of your subscriptions is updated, Audible now automatically refreshes your library when you open the app.
2.0.13 (Apr, 2014)-
• Long audiobooks are now downloaded as single-part files. However if you prefer the old multi-part way, you can change it back in “Settings.”
• The Lock Screen/Control Center controls can now skip 30 seconds forward/back instead of skipping full chapters. You can adjust this in “Settings.”
• When downloading parts in a multi-part book or a periodical/subscription, you can now see download progress in the main library.
• We added play/pause and 30 second back controls to “Add Note” feature within bookmarks. This is great if you want to transcribe audio in your note.
• The “iTunes” section, which is for audiobooks stored via the iTunes app, is now hidden if you don’t use this feature.
2.0.12 (Apr, 2014)-
• Long audiobooks are now downloaded as single-part files. However if you prefer the old multi-part way, you can change it back in “Settings.” • The Lock Screen/Control Center controls can now skip 30 seconds forward/back instead of skipping full chapters. You can adjust this in “Settings.” • When downloading parts in a multi-part book or a periodical/subscription, you can now see download progress in the main library. • We added play/pause and 30 second back controls to “Add Note” feature within bookmarks. This is great if you want to transcribe audio in your note. • The “iTunes” section, which is for audiobooks stored via the iTunes app, is now hidden if you don’t use this feature.
2.0.11 (Jan, 2014)-
Now you can view full cover art from the iPhone player screen. Tap on the center of the cover to dismiss the player controls that are obstructing the art, and tap on it again to bring the controls back. In particular, this is good news for our children's books with synchronized images.
Listeners can view book info and mark their title as "finished" directly from the library. To access both these features, tap and hold on the book in the library, and a new menu will pop up with these two options.
2.0.10 (Nov, 2013)-
•We've removed the 50mb limit on cellular downloads. Now you can download full books on your mobile network. •We added a "refresh" button to the library to make it easier to find your new books. We also enabled the ability to refresh the library from within periodicals/subscriptions (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc.) •Bug and crash fixes.
2.0.9 (Oct, 2013)-
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
2.0.8 (Oct, 2013)-
Bug and crash fixes.
2.0.7 (Sep, 2013)-
• NOTE: If you are using iOS7, you must upgrade this app to version 2.0.7. • NOTE: If you are updating from version 2.0.5 or earlier, this update will log you out of the app. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it was necessary to make improvements to the app. Make sure to log back in while you are still connected to WiFi or your cellular network before you start listening. • We moved the access point for “Buttons-Free Mode” to a menu that can be found on the top right corner of the player screen. Buttons-Free Mode was previously accessed by a “swipe up” motion in the player screen. • Info about the currently playing book, as well as access to social media, has also moved into this menu. • Bug and crash fixes.
2.0.6 (Sep, 2013)-
* We moved the access point for “Buttons-Free Mode” to a menu that can be found on the top right corner of the player screen. Buttons-Free Mode was previously accessed by a “swipe up” motion in the player screen. * Info about the currently playing book, as well as access to social media, has also moved into this menu. * Bug and crash fixes.
2.0.5 (Aug, 2013)-
• Legibility improvements to chapter navigation and bookmarks. • More free samples available to users who sign in with their Amazon accounts. • Improvements to accessibility mode in relation to chapter ID, completion percentage, and button-free mode. • Other bug and crash fixes
2.0.4 (Jun, 2013)-
Updated in this version: - Chapter forward and chapter back buttons added: Tap on the play bar to activate buttons that will allow you to navigate to the next and previous chapters. - News notifications: Our news section now alerts you when there are new items in your feed. - BMW integration: Drivers of BMWs that support "BMW Apps" can access Audible directly from their vehicle (iPhone only). - MINI integration: Drivers of MINIs that are "MINI Connected" can access Audible directly from their vehicle (iPhone only).
Minor Fixes Updates to sleep timer, accessibility, iTunes audio playback, Whispersync, and audio content downloads.
2.0.3 (May, 2013)-
* Sign-in improvements * Bug fixes
2.0.2 (Apr, 2013)-
* Volume slider now available * Enhanced experience for Whispersync for Voice
Bug fixes and usability improvements * Fixes to the sleep timer * Resolved playback issues for iTunes books * Removed bugs related to syncing bookmarks
2.0.1 (Mar, 2013)-
Thanks for all of your feedback on our v2.0 release. Based on your feedback, we've added new features and fixed a number of bugs.
What’s new • Additional narration speed options: .75x and 1.25x speeds • Additional sleep timer option: 8 minutes
Bug fixes and usability improvements • Sleep timer now works when running multiple apps • Most recent daily and monthly listening stats now visible • Playback position no longer skips when you resume listening
Other updates (including a volume control) are coming soon.
2.0 (Feb, 2013)-
We've optimized the Audible app for the iPad, and delivered a beautiful new design for the iPhone.
In addition to the new look and feel, this release improves your listening experience with:
• Improved Navigation: easier to use while on the go • Simplified start up: sign-in with your Amazon account • New library filter: hide your finished titles from view • Downloads on the go: download up to three hours of audio over 3G/4G • Expanded compatibility: works with all iPad models
Update Requires: iOS v 5.0 or higher, iPhone 3GS or later, iPod Touch (3rd generation) or later.
- Added Support for iPhone 5 - Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements
1.9.1 (Nov, 2012)-
- Improvements to Whispersync - Bug fixes and Performance enhancements
1.9 (Sep, 2012)-
What's new in version 1.9: - Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required) - Save your position and bookmarks in the cloud to seamlessly switch between devices (Audible.com accounts only) - Fix for single-channel audio issue on iOS 4.2.1 devices - Requires: iOS v 4.2.1 or higher, iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch second generation or later
1.8 (Aug, 2012)-
- Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required) - Better quality audio in both standard & high quality modes - Improved stability and performance (including fix for 'Audio not available' error) - Requires: iOS v 4.2.1 or higher, iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch (second generation or later)
1.7.2 (Oct, 2011)-
v1.7.2: • VoiceOver optimizations • Player controls will no longer disappear for iOS3.X • Fix for Facebook sharing v1.7.1: • In order to comply with Apple guidelines, we have removed the link to the Audible Mobile Store from the app
1.7.1 (Oct, 2011)-
In order to comply with Apple guidelines, we have removed the link to the Audible Mobile Store from the app
1.7 (Oct, 2011)-
- Data storage optimizations for iOS5
1.6.1 (May, 2011)-
Minor localization update for Audible UK and Audible DE
1.6 (May, 2011)-
Updates: * Added features requested by customers, including: - 1.5X narration speed - New Sleep Mode options: "End of Chapter" and "End of Book" - Password recovery option from the sign-in page * Access to a mobile-optimized User Guide via the Help tab * Bug-fixes to improve stability
1.5.1 (Jan, 2011)-
No app changes. Added an App Store page for UK and German customers.
1.5 (Jan, 2011)-
- Support for Audible.de & Audible.co.uk - German language support - Bug fixes
1.4 (Nov, 2010)-
- New Features Include: Variable narrator speed, adjustable 'Jump Back' timer, Time Remaining indicator - Bug fixes and stability improvements - Tested with iOS4.2
1.3 (Sep, 2010)-
- Link to browse, search, and buy Audible titles via the mobile web store - Several bug fixes
1.02 (Aug, 2010)-
- Significant download improvements - Ability to toggle between standard and high quality file formats - Other bug fixes
1.01 (Jul, 2010)-
- Added remote AV command support (inline play/pause button) + iOS4 audio widget
- Improved horizontal swipe sensitivity
- Improved VoiceOver support
- Fixed listening times being allocated to a single day while multitasking
- Other bug fixes and minor enhancements
App Store Reviews
Mizz Miller, 4 stars:
Below is my old review. Gotta say, don't love the new update as much as the previous version. Getting used to it, but don't like the way it closes out of the book every time you close the app. Prefer the black background. Understand the need to provide fresh concepts and update products but not loving this version.
Absolutely the best app on my phone. I listen to books while I cook, clean, shop, etc. You get the right narrator and it really makes a book fun. The wrong one can ruin a good book though, so I still read some on paper. Thanks for a great product, Audible.
While they have work to do with adding popular or more recent titles to their collection, Audible has been nothing but outstanding regarding their customer service and helping me resolve any problems or concerns I may have. The two times I needed help, I have received an answer or phone call within 24 hours for my problem with positive energy and enthusiasm. While I imagine it is a hard job, it made my day so much better receiving such flawless and timely assistance.