The Hot Tip is a ‘MUST HAVE’ app for those who need the edge in betting on the outcomes of Horse/Harness and Greyhound Racing. Using a complex formula based on form, odds and past experience at the track, The Hot Tip determines a probable outcome of supported races.
The Hot Tip lets you select the day, along with the race type (horse, harness, greyhound etc) that you wish to see races for. The Hot Tip then provides a list of tracks (locations) that have current races available. Choosing a track and race number provides the probable outcome for the track/race in order of finish position. The Hot Tip indicates a scratched racer and does not include them within the calculations.
* Currently supported race types are AUS/NZ Horse, ASIA Horse, International Horse, AUS/NZ Harness Racing, AUS Greyhound Racing and USA Horse.
* Mark Tracks and Races that you want to be reminded of before they start by selecting to 'watch' them. You iOS device will send you a notification just before the race is to start.
* Access to sportsbet mobile betting website is linked within The Hot Tip allowing you to quickly load up and place bets online.
* AMERICAS HORSE/ GreyHound USA & Harness USA* please note that the predictions displayed here have an issue with them and as such the results are squed * We are working to fix these up asap.
NOTE: the probable outcomes displayed within The Hot Tip app are not guaranteed, but an indication of what is possible. If you have a problem with gambling please seek help.
* Various bug fix's so that you can get the best tips with less hassles!
1.4.0 (Oct, 2013)-
- Update for ios7 interface - Fixed issues related to watch now pop over - modified code to use apple controls
1.3.3 (Jun, 2013)-
* Added USA horse racing, harness racing and greyhound racing
* Ability for the user to now organise the list of different races to how they want it (eg show all horse racing at the top, then harness etc).
* Visual Feedback to the user if there was not enough data available for the prediction calculations, hence the displayed results are not predictions.
1.3.2 (May, 2013)-
- Background code changes in prep for major social update - Continued optimisation of date/time for non australian users - Better integration with ad service
1.3.1 (Jan, 2013)-
- Changed the date picker to now be the locale of the user
1.3 (Jan, 2013)-
- WATCH FEATURE. The watch feature notifies the user when selected races are about to start. The user can select individual races or all races for a track to 'watch'
- ASIA and AMERICAS HORSE Racing now included!
- Fixed up bug in 1.2 that would cause the app to quit if you had updated from any previous versions
- Improvements to the calculation formula
1.2 (Jan, 2013)-
BUG ALERT *** Version 1.2 has a bug in it which causes the app to crash. Please hold on downloading this till it is fixed. Sorry :(
- New Layout: * iPhone/iTouch devices follow a drill down interface. * iPad devices have a split view, allowing for the selection of tracks/races/dates on a different window to where the 'Tips' are displayed.
- Added count down timer for each race's start.
1.1.1 (Nov, 2012)-
* Fixed up date issue for non-Australian users. Now it will adjust their selected date/time so that it matches the date/time in Australia (and hence will be able to see current races).
* Performance Improvements
1.1 (Nov, 2012)-
Assortment of modifications/fixs made as follows
* Added native IPad app * Added native iPhone 5 app * Fixed up bug with same racer (horse/greyhound) appearing more than one * Performance improvements
1.0.1 (Aug, 2012)-
Fixed up issue with no races being returned from the xml server.