Blush is a mobile wine shopping companion that helps you find wines to match your taste, occasion and budget. Blush matches wines to your preferences and tells you where to buy them at the lowest price nearby. You can choose the perfect wine before even entering the store!
See a bottle of wine you are curious about? Use Blush to scan its barcode or even speak its name (using iPhone 4S) and Blush provides tasting notes, food pairings and more. Blush keeps a history of all the wines you scan and like, and lets you share your discoveries with friends via Facebook, Twitter, SMS and email. With Blush, you'll discover new wines that you and your friends will absolutely love.
• Find wines you will love based on your taste, occasion and budget • Pair wines with your favorite foods • Find the perfect wine gift • Search for wines by name, varietal, region, rating and price range • Scan wine label barcodes to learn more about a wine • Locate stores nearby where you can purchase wines at the lowest prices • Share your wine discoveries with friends via Facebook, Twitter, SMS and email
• Enhanced capabilities for location-based messages and personalized offers • Correct bug that caused a "Network Error" message on startup • Fixed issue with inputing star ratings
1.6.0 (Sep, 2013)-
• Enhanced context aware user interface to make wine discovery faster and easier • Improvements in store coverage and content • Location aware personalization - notification of relevant deals while shopping near or in your favorite stores • iOS7 compatibility updates
1.5.1 (Apr, 2013)-
• My Wines - Snap photos of your favorite wines and add them to your personal history
• "In-Store" mode - find your matched wines at specific stores
• Location-based recommendations - Control the geographic area you wish to find matched wines
• Expanded recommendations - See more matches for your taste, occasion and budget
• Improved user experience
• Expanded wine database
1.4.2 (Feb, 2013)-
• Corrected an issue with Blush Match. The animated wine bottle matching your taste & occasion will now be visible for most wines
• Added capabilities for displaying more than three recommendations
• Additional bug fixes
1.4.1 (Feb, 2013)-
This release contains a critical bug fix which caused barcode scanning to fail after successive uses.
1.4.0 (Jan, 2013)-
• Share public comments about the wines you rate • Add private notes to your saved wines • Enhanced history - search for scanned, rated, and saved wines by name • User experience improvements • Bug fixes
1.3.0 (Dec, 2012)-
• Holiday wine recommendations • Vintage information for most wines • Rate any wine and view average ratings • Professional critics rating available for thousands of wines • Sign-in to sync and access your history from any device • Improvements in visual design / user experience • Personalized, location-based alerts
1.2.1 (Aug, 2012)-
Visual enhancements and bugfixes.
Fixed registration, sharing bugs, search bugs and improved performance on key functions like search and store locations.
1.2.0 (Aug, 2012)-
- Expanded store coverage - hundreds more stores - Expanded product coverage - thousands more wines - Improved search capability: find wines available in stores near you by producer, rating, price, grape varietal or wine region - Improved user experience throughout
1.1.0 (May, 2012)-
• Major improvements in recommendation quality and ease of use • Significantly expanded Where to Buy store locations • New Where to Buy screen with stores listed by distance and price • In-app viewing of product web pages and store driving directions; you don't have to leave the app to view a product website or get directions! • Improved search engine makes it easier to find difficult to locate wines, especially French wines! • Faster and simpler user registration - keeping track of the wines you love just got better
1.0.4 (Apr, 2012)-
• Improved user experience
• Performance enhancements
• Expanded data coverage
• Optional sign in to Facebook and Twitter for universal access to user preferences and history
• Performance improvements
• Feature and UI enhancements
• Various bug fixes
• Significantly expanded wine recommendations
App Store Reviews
rosborn, 5 stars:
On a biz trip a few of us drop into a wine bar for a drink. Fortunately I had Blush which helped us discover a tasty wine with an easy survey. Awesome recommendation. Before leaving we used the bar scan and where to buy features and located the same wine at a store 3 blocks away for lower cost that we could pickup on our way back. If I could give Blush 6 stars I would.
Blush is great! The UI is very clean. I discovered a world of wines that I was unaware of within my price point. Blush is extremely easy to use. I recommend Blush for any wine rookie all the way up to aficionados.