Rise Up + Recover is just the app for you if you are struggling with food, dieting, exercise and body image. Based off self-monitoring homework, a cornerstone of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), we designed a convenient and user-friendly app that has been used millions of time around the world.
At Recovery Warriors, our mission is to create empowering tools that will help YOU succeed!
With the Rise Up + Recover app you can:
• Log your meals, emotions and behaviors from the privacy of your mobile phone • Export PDF summaries of your Meal Log and Check-In to share with your treatment team • Set custom reminders to inspire you to keep moving forward • Rest assured that your personal information is protected behind a pass-code • Share motivational and inspirational quotes, images and affirmations • Access a wide range of resources to build a strong recovery warrior mindset • Find support and professional treatment nearby
Rise Up + Recover is the perfect addition to your professional treatment for an eating disorder including anorexia nervosa (AN), bulimia nervosa (BN), obsessive eating disorder (OED), binge eating disorder (BED) and compulsive eating disorder (CED).
Going Global: • Translated into German! HUGE thanks to the amazing and big-hearted Rise Up + Recover user Daniela Echterhoff for her hard work and dedication. • Translated into Spanish! Big shout out to Enric Pallas Sanz for helping with the translations.
More Inspiration and Motivation: • Added a section in Extras for The Recovery Warrior Podcast Show. A weekly audio show where host Jessica Raymond interviews Recovery Warriors and experts in the field of eating disorder science.
User Interface and Usability Enhancements: • Meal card date picker now has 5 minute intervals. • Blog, Music, and Podcast all have webviews. You can now visit these pages without leaving the Rise Up + Recover app. Woohoo! • On iOS 7, Extras > Rate in App Store now opens AppStore on the correct page, btw, we love getting reviews :-) • Can now touch the About Rise Up row in Extras. • If no email is configured for the device, a webview with a zen desk form is shown.
Fixed Bugs: • Launch image will now appear on iOS 6 devices. • Meal log pdfs now refresh when changes are made.
Design Changes: • New icon. A simple and friendly icon that symbolizes the mega mountain you must climb to recover and all the amazing mind-blowing patterns you will find when you use Rise Up + Recover on a daily basis. • Rise Up + Recover is a whole lot more colorful now!
Sorry to users on iOS 5 we are dropping support - Upgrade to iOS 7, it is the bomb!
1.2.0 (Dec, 2013)-
• New look and feel: We saw the release of iOS 7 as a great opportunity to update the app design. We hope you like it!
• Now you can add feelings/emotions that are not on the default list. With over 200 emoticons we believe we have one of the most comprehensive feeling databases in the app store.
• New icon: The new icon symbolizes the trajectory of recovery, an accent from darkness to light, with ups and downs along the way.
• New inspirational images
1.1.0 (Apr, 2013)-
- Security Pin - New inspirational views in Meal Log - New resource section in Extras - Added Rise Up to the About section in Extras - Improved naming scheme of PDF's for Meal Log and Check-in - Fixed minor layout bugs for iPhone 5 - Increased character limit for notes in Check-in - Corrected a few typos...oops!
1.0.11 (Feb, 2013)-
Updated Meal Log user interface Added inspiration cards to Meal Log
App Store Reviews
m.Hope, 5 stars:
Love this app!! Use it every day and its really helping me stay on track with my recovery!!
The app lacks a few features, but the developers seem very accommodating of user requests and have an easy-to-find link for sending email feedback. This app is just what I need to start practicing more mindfulness when it comes to my eating behaviors.
I've only been using it for a day, but I can already tell that this tool will be immensely helpful in helping me meet my goals. The best part is being able to keep a food journal in an easy, organized, and discrete way. You can also create a PDF and email a report to yourself or a therapist. The app also offers a lot of great coping strategies/tools if you are looking for suggestions.