Saturday Morning RPG is an episodic role-playing game firmly set in a world inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons.
The game follows the story of Martin “Marty” Hall, an average high school student who has been gifted a powerful ability to channel magic through everyday objects. With his newfound powers Marty has inadvertently attracted the ire of the world’s most heinous villain – the evil Commander Hood. This leads Marty into a series of dangerous plans that he must unravel to save the world (several times!).
Saturday Morning RPG is a Japanese style RPG that allows players to build Marty’s power up throughout multiple stand alone episodes. Players can carry over stats, inventory, and even story decisions between these episodes (sometimes your actions in one episode will ripple into previous or future episodes!). Saturday Morning RPG is a truly unique and engrossing role-playing game experience that can not be missed!
9 out of 10 (Gold Award): "A heart-felt love letter to Japanese role-playing games and ’80s popular culture, Saturday Morning RPG is likely to prove irresistible to anyone over the age of 30." - Damien McFerran, pocketgamer.co.uk
9.5 out of 10: “Saturday Morning RPG is one of the most ambitious handheld games I’ve played in a long time, and it’s unbelievably well done.” – Adam Jones, stashow.net
93 out of 100: “Saturday Morning RPG is a refreshing take on the genre.” – Matt Smith, n00balert.com
“This is how JRPGs always should have felt!” - Sean Koch, iFanzine.com
“I found myself desperately wanting more.” – Trevor Faulkner, elder-geek.com
Touch Arcade Forums Game of the Week, Kotaku Gaming App of the Day, USA Today's Portable Pick, and several other accolades. Don't think twice about playing this game!
Christmas comes to Saturday Morning RPG in Episode 4 - "Ho Ho HOOD"!
1.11 (Nov, 2012)-
Fixes critical bugs:
- Crash when entering the dam on iPod 4 and iPad 1.
- Fixes issue with restoring purchases.
- Fixes a bug where you could get stuck at the top of the dam.
- Fixes a number of small visual errors.
- Adds an option to mute game audio to main menu.
1.1 (Nov, 2012)-
- Episode 3 is now available! Download this new update to play through the biggest episode yet. - iCloud Support finally comes to Saturday Morning RPG. - Experience Saturday Morning RPG in all its glorious 16:9 splendor on your iPod Touch or iPhone 5. - Try to conquer a cross episode quest that culminates in an insanely difficult boss battle. - Fight off waves of enemies in an intense endless battle mode. - Post scores to the Saturday Morning RPG GameCenter leaderboards and compete to be the most radical dude around. - Fight two awesome optional bosses as out-of-episode arena battles. - Unlock a slew of new GameCenter achievements. - You can get an in-game hoverboard now for speedier movement through environments. - Players of the free version can now buy a deluxe edition unlock that will automatically unlock all current and future episodes. - Numerous tweaks to improve performance and game-play experience.
1.01 (May, 2012)-
- Added the ability to resume episodes from tapes (you will have to option to resume or restart) - Added the ability to return to the overworld after a failed battle - Added the ability to fix the joystick to a position on the screen (stops it from following your finger) - Increased attack slider size and rebalanced slider difficulty - Player now has a choice between three different methods for charging their power - Default: No interaction needed to charge - Gauge: Time taps with a gauge to charge - Classic: Tap rapidly to charge - Increased the speed at which enemies approach Marty for battle - Added movement to certain enemies in Episode 1 and 2 - Added a sneak attack bonus for triggering a battle from behind a moving enemy - Repositioned enemies in Episode 1 - Added an extra enemy to Episode 1 - Added a vending machine to the start of Episode 1 - Fixed a bug where you could trigger a point of no return trigger unintentionally - Fixed a bug where stats and info would not show for episodes - Fixed a bug regarding the notebook tutorial - Fixed a bug where the "You're The Best!" achievement would not unlock - Fixed a bug where the "Jump Street" achievement would not unlock - Fixed a bug where the North Wing door in the main hall of Shadow Valley High would open before the player explored the East Wing. - Tweaked item balance - Ruler has been nerfed and now does between 1 - 3 damage per hit - Tweaked enemy balance - Lizard Wizards now have significantly less health - Skeleboar's heal frequency is lowered - Commander Hood's armor frequency is lowered - Skeleboar and Mad-Eline's scaling levels have been adjusted - HOOD Soldiers have been slowed drastically - Fixed bugs where exploration bonuses in Episode 2 were missing - Added a window with screenshots for Episode 2 when player has not purchased the episode - Added windows to suggest purchasing Episode 2 to those who have not done so - Added several new GameCenter achievements
App Store Reviews
Aerigot, 5 stars:
I can't wait for the other episodes to come out. I'm behind this game 100 percent.