Curl Coach is the most powerful and easiest to use curling tool in the world. Used by Al Moore with the Swiss Women's team to win gold at three consecutive World Women Curling Championships as well as many top coaches world-wide.
From Novice to Elite teams, Curl Coach has the tools that you need. Deep informative stats, strategy, drills, plan and practices, Curl Coach does it all.
Curl Coach lets you to go beyond statistics and look at strategy with fully animated Game Replay. The Strategy Book captures real game situations to drive "what-if" discussions. The detailed reports are packed with useful data that lets you look at team, player or competition performance and harness that into tangible improvements. Plan & execute practices using the built in Drills handbook, or create and share your own drills to help keep practices engaging and effective.
● Chart shot success and stone motion on a single screen. ● Chart what the skip asked for as well as what actually happened. ● Automatic charting sets broom, turn, shot type, difficultly and score. ● Support for Win/Loss, Points and Mixed Doubles games ● Fully animated replay of every shot in every game ● Fully animated strategy board with support for multiple "what if" scenarios ● Complete practice management tied into the built in drills handbook. ● Export & share drills, strategies and competitions, venues and players. ● Interactive stats dashboard allows you to slice the data in multiple ways. ● Detailed Player, Team, Competition, Game and Practice Reports.Detailed miss tracking and analysis. ● Extremely detailed shot making analysis. ● Shot by shot text and/or images. ● Optionally chart strategy and tolerance. ● Many user customizable settings to make Curl Coach work the way you want it to.
New Features: Change stone positions In Quick Review and Replay Edit Shot. Hide opposition on the “Players” and “Teams” pages. Strategy Book shows a preview when selecting a situation. Key shots can now indicate shots that follow a time-out. Hogged shots auto-charted as a “0” with miss reason “Light”, and notes “Hogged stone”.
Changes: Games list on the Competition page now shows the opposition team name. Team report summary now includes Key Shot and After Timeout percentage data. Competition reports game summary shows the number of shots for each score. Incomplete practices can be accessed to add notes and scores.
Resolved Issues: Deleting 2 shots in a row would prevented saving to the database Curl Coach marked the game complete after a throw through. Fixed some UI issues on iOS7.1
2.1.2 (Mar, 2014)-
- Resolves a regression issue introduced in 2.1.1 that broke the Venue page.
- Resolves a minor issue where a new practice for a team could incorrectly include players from an earlier practice.
2.1.1 (Mar, 2014)-
Version 2.1.1 New Features: - “Place Stone” multiple times, out of play stones are removed on “Next Shot”. - Create a new player when substituting players in the game. - Change the player for past stones in “Quick Review”. - Deleting a practice could cause a crash. - A number of minor bug fixes.
2.1 (Feb, 2014)-
New Features - Native iOS7 support with a gorgeous new UI. - Significant usability improvements. - New stat “Momentum Index” to track game momentum. - Tutorials for Practice Planning and Drill Creation.
Resolved Issues: - A number of non-critical issues have been resolved.
iOS6 users should continue to use v2.0
2.0 (Dec, 2013)-
Practices - Build Practices for your Team/Players - Get miss reasons to aid in selecting the drills for your practice. - Run practices with set-up information and drill instructions. - Record scores for each drill, take notes for the Team / Players involved. - Generate Team and Player reports for all the practices they have been part of. - Generate printable practice plans with room for notes and scoring.
Other New Features - Double tap on the Player to perform substitutions - Quick Review previous shots and edit shots while charting. - Multiple Venues can be includes in a single competition. - Key Shot report for Games and Competitions. - Shot type “Not Thrown”, records the score and ends the game. - Data backup (and restore) your entire database to store it offline.
General Changes: - Record the team’s coach, coaches eMail and home club. - Tapping on the scoreboard allows you to change the score for any end. - Add extra ends if the game length was set incorrectly.
Resolved Issues: - Changing the scoreboard / hammer during the first shot is more robust. - Changing options while charting no longer creates duplicate rocks. - Auto shot type correctly sets center line guards as “Guard”. - Stats summary correctly shows ‘-’ shots types that have not been thrown.
Resolved Issues: ? Creating a new Strategy Book chapter could crash. ? Renaming Strategy Book chapters did not work. ? Removing an opening stone from the rings would incorrectly trigger the FGZ rules. ? Strategy Book entries didn’t preserve coaches notes when copied from a game. ? Couldn’t add a picture to a player in iOS7.
New Features ? New optional section for Miss Analysis in Competition, Game, Team and Player reports. ? New option to use the camera to add player pictures.
General Changes: ? Improved interface when navigating Strategy Book chapters & situation. ? For first time charters, added a quick tour of the charting page. ? Added information and App Store link for “Curl Coach Replay” to the Resources page. ? Curl Coach now prevents you from deleting a team that is attached to a Competition, or a Player that is on a team, etc..
1.3 (Oct, 2013)-
New Features: ? Automatic Shot Type charting. ? Dual Stopwatch for delivery and interval times - logged to the shot notes. ? Customizable keyboard macros make taking shot notes faster and easier. ? Drill Book! Curl Coach includes editable & shareable drills. --? More than 40 built-in drills. --? Create your own drills and share them with other coaches using Curl Coach --? Create customized Curling Drills Handbooks. ? Export --? Export to share with other Curl Coach users. --? Share an entire competition. --? Share one or more strategic situations. --? Share one or more drills. --? CSV export of an entire competition. ? Added Corner Guard and Bump Tick shot type. ? Competition Report & Live Stats graphs end by end shot %. ? Competition report includes “Bill’s Benchmarks”. ? “Inside-Out” and “Outside-In” shot making analysis. ? Better organization in Strategy Board. ? Strategy Board sketching now includes text labels.
Resolved Issues: ? The player name could be incorrect in text shot reports for unnamed opposition players. ? The success % for extra ends was incorrectly calculated. ? Curl Coach could reverse the colours for a game. ? Reports incorrectly calculated wins & losses for teams and players in opposition. ? On iOS7 opening the web page for a Venue would cause a crash.
1.1 (Aug, 2013)-
"if you're a curling coach, (it will) knock your socks off!" - Bill Tschirhart, Canadian National Senior's Team Coach
New Features in Version 1.1: ? Strategy Board and Game Replay views support a sketching mode for annotating the sheet. Strategy Board annotations are saved and can be included in Exports. ? Advanced charting option to record the “tolerance” area in Charting and Strategy Board. ? Option for “simple” miss reporting for less experienced teams. ? Option to only include rate shots to 100% (removes 125% option) ? New “Resources” page that includes a number of useful forms as well as a Curling Drills handbook that includes more than 30 drills that focus on all aspects of curling.
Changes to Reporting: ? Choose between mailing and viewing for reports. Preference can be set in options. ? Optional section to competition report to show the response to an opposition miss. ? Optional tolerance analysis in Competition & Team reports.. ? Added totals to Shot Percentage Data in Competition Reports & Live Stats views. ? Added total shot percentages to Player Report and Team Report. ? Added extra end statistics to Team Report. ? Added "In Control" statistics to Team Report.
General Changes: ? New icon, updated graphics for buttons and other elements to better match iOS7. ? Improved layout for “Miss Reason” during charting to use larger buttons and make it easier to record the miss reason more quickly. ? When you set the broom, Curl Coach now places the rock thrown stone on the sheet close to the desired outcome based on the selected shot type (Hit / Draw / Guard / Throw Away).
Resolved Issues: ? Fixed issue where tapping on the blue player detail arrow on the team page didn’t work. ? Fixed issue where players would be shown as a member of 0 teams in Player reports. ? Fixed issue where shot difficulty was shown as 1 less than charted in Competition Reports. ? Fixed issue where the players name could overlap the shot details in Competition Reports. ? Fixed issue where shot difficulty of 1 was shown as “N/A” in game replay.
1.0.2 (Apr, 2013)-
- Fixed a critical issue in v1.0.1 - the player list was missing the Add Player button. - Improved removal of out-of-play rocks at the side lines - Fixed a number of grammar issues in this guide.
- Added support for deleting the most recently recorded shot. - Added support for venues with more than 2 colours of rocks, and for white rock handles. - Added support for World Curling Federation maximum sheet widths - Added support for 3 sizes of button - The Map view now includes a “Directions” button.
1.0.1 (Mar, 2013)-
- Fixed crash when an “empty” Venue is created then a different Venue is selected.
- Fixed a crash which could occur after deleting players from a team.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue where rocks in reports were drawn with a broken outline.
- Player, Venue, and Competition lists now include an Index to allow easier navigation.
- Team view now warns if more than one player holds the same position and allows you to change the assigned position within the team.
- Team & Competition reports now include the average shot difficulty.
App Store Reviews
Daddyboy99, 5 stars:
Purchased this at a tournament for use by our coach. People looking at it have been so impressed, everyone is talking about buying it!