Over 140 thousand copies of i.Map downloaded! i.Map Elite has an average rating of 4 1/2 stars worldwide!
• i.Map - Simple, Intuitive, vector Google Maps + StreetView. • Support for retina and non-retina devices, using SDK v1.9 • Search for an address, click on the street, and see 360 degree views. • Search for an optional destination and see a route with directions.
Note: Map & Streetview coverage is identical to the Google Maps application.
Also Available "i.Map Lite" (might not contain all the features of Pro)
- Update Google SDK to 1.6 - Redesign Help screen - Performance update
3.8 (Nov, 2013)-
- Small updates
3.7 (Oct, 2013)-
- Bug fixes
3.6 (Oct, 2013)-
- Minor fixes for IOS7, menu improvements.
3.5 (Sep, 2013)-
- Updated Google SDK to version 1.5 - Due to SDK we no longer support IOS 5 - Added support for IOS 7 - and older IOS 6 - New IOS 7 look, update to IOS 7 to see it. - Bug Fixes.
3.3 (Aug, 2013)-
- Updated to SDK 1.4.2 - Added Map screenshot (on Keyboard) - Stability & memory usage improvements
3.1 (Jul, 2013)-
- Small bug fixes here & there. - StreetView screenshot is back.
3.0 (Jul, 2013)-
- Updated SDK to version 1.4 - Brand new enhanced StreetView! - Compass in both map + StreetView - Screenshot removed (use power + home) + (couldn't get a screenshot with new StreetView) - New icon designed 100% on an iPad - Many other improvements :-)
- Updated to SDK 1.3.1 - Reduced application file size. - Tap anywhere to show address. - Removed tap to move map. - Other small improvements.
2.2 (Jun, 2013)-
- Small corner map in StreetView. - Compass in Map View always visible. - Compass in StreetView showing orientation. - Ability to take screenshots with a button. - StreetView crashing hopefully fixed. - Small toolbar re-design.
2.1 (Jun, 2013)-
- Added subtle sounds when buttons are pressed. - Fading popups display when changing map types. - StreetView address now shown in a new toolbar. - Moving in StreetView updates position on map. - Many other small improvements and fixes.
2.0 (Jun, 2013)-
- New tutorial accessible from Help. - Toggle Traffic from Satellite View. - Updated application icon.
- Menus are now dynamic - show Map type. - Directions now offer route alternatives. - Added Traffic layer to Roadmap. - Zoom In/Out in StreetView. - Adjust POV in StreetView.
1.5 (May, 2013)-
- Updated to use SDK v1.3.0 - Added ability to Show & Hide Satellite Hybrid view.
1.4 (May, 2013)-
- Fixed Satellite View workarounds & Crashing !!! - Updated Google Maps SDK to use version 1.2.2 - Please rate our app if you like it (from About)
1.3 (Apr, 2013)-
- Fixed all IOS 5 issues - Added search predictions - Miscellaneous bug fixes - Fixed Japanese search
1.2 (Apr, 2013)-
- Based on SDK v1.1.2 - Added the ability to find and plot directions. - Added temporary fix for Satellite & Terrain map crash. - Larger arrows and better performance in StreetView. - Added a button to align current map to North. - Redesigned the toolbar, fixed few other issues.
- There is a known issue on IOS 5 and it will be fixed soon.
1.1 (Mar, 2013)-
- Fixed the search function which stopped working March 8th. - Fixed a few bugs, as well as made some minor interface improvements. - App now saves current map position and zoom level after it's closed down. - Added a workaround for a StreetView crash when arrows are hit really fast. - App now limits maximum cache that's used for storing data and images.
App Store Reviews
HusseinR, 4 stars:
A very nice app. Just I do not see much details in the map as the Google Map. Please update the maps if necessary.
Thanks a lot.
UPDATE: Now I don't know if the developer and I were on the same page at the same time, but many of the suggestions below were implemented within two days of posting my original review! Now that's fast response. Wish I could squeak out a 5 1/2 star review. Thanks!
I like this app. It's simple to use, and relatively straightforward. There are a couple of things that aren't obvious though:
1. To see the hybrid view (HY) you have to tap the satellite (SA) button twice. To see the traffic overlay (TR), you have to tap the road (RO) button twice.
2. To tilt the map you can either press the "double delta" button, or use two fingers (or I like to use two thumbs) to slide up and down. That's part of the Google SDK, and it's a feature that will work in any Google map app these days. You can even rotate the tilted view by taking two fingers (or two thumbs) and twisting them around a center point.
3. To activate the StreetView, you have to touch and hold on a position on the map to drop a orange pin. If StreetView is available, it pops up instantly. If it's not available, the pin drops (with no information associated) but the map doesn't switch. Of course, zooming in as close as possible helps you in the accuracy of placing the pin, but the app seems to be pretty forgiving in grabbing a close by StreetView if you miss hitting right on the street.
Since I can't find a way to reach the developer directly, I'll put my comments for a future update here:
1. Under your help (?) Button, could you please add the screenshots that you have posted in the app store when you purchase your app? They're very clear and explain all the buttons and functions. They should pop up as scrollable pages one, two, and three in your help section. A scrollable page four could include all your copyright information you have there now, as well as a "feedback" and "rate" link.
2. When you press the "GPS" button, the app brings you back to your current location. That's great, but there's always a transparent blue circle around your location. I would suggest if you press the "GPS" button a second time, the transparent circle would disappear so you can zoom in on things close to you, particularly in the satellite/hybrid view without them being obstructed by the circle.
Could you please add the traffic overlay to the satellite/hybrid button so it's a three way toggle. The Google maps SDK allows you to see the traffic overlay in the satellite/hybrid view, it just needs to be added to your app.
And finally, for the StreetView, please consider allowing pinch zooming (in addition to your zoom buttons) and a small round map window that shows which way your view is pointing (check out the apps "Streets" and "iMaps+" for examples of this). Also, adding a camera icon to snap a picture of the view, and, for the gyroscope enabled iDevices like the iPhone 4s, 5, etc., adding gyroscope linking (see the app "WGL Camera" for example) would be awesome.
One more "nice to have" feature would be a "Coverage" overlay which shows the streets on the map for which a StreetView exists (again, see the apps "Streets" and "iMaps+ for examples of this).
All in all this is a very good app, and the developer keeps improving it, so it's worth grabbing now.
The best street view app ever even better than google maps this app is very easy to get to the street view just tap the map and thats it you get the street view I fully recommend this app please continue the good work!!!!!