Quip is a modern word processor that enables you to create beautiful documents on any device, including the iPad, iPhone, and the desktop. It combines documents and messages into a single chat-like “thread” of updates — making collaboration easy.
Take notes, organize to-do lists, and collaborate within your company. Share folders to organize your projects at home or at work. All features work perfectly offline, syncing whenever you have an internet connection.
• Real-time, collaborative editing • Messaging - Every document has a chat thread • Offline - Edit anywhere, even on an airplane • Folders - Share with your family or team • Checklists - Interactive, shared lists • Diffs - Every edit is in a document news feed • Presence - See who’s online, what they're up to • @mentions - Link to people and documents • Notifications - Know when a doc is opened • Read receipts - Check who’s read your edits • Inbox - See what you haven’t read
Quip also works on the desktop (Mac and PC). Access anywhere at http://quip.com.
• Like Button - Like messages and edits
• Comments + Highlighting - Highlight and add comments about specific parts of the document
• Themes - Choose from five professionally designed themes with beautiful typography
• Versioning - Restore old versions of the document
• Faster realtime updates
1.6 (Jan, 2014)-
• Export documents to PDF • Print documents with AirPrint • Import documents from Google Drive • Updates in the background so your documents are always up to date • Edit your profile and upload your profile picture
1.5 (Nov, 2013)-
• Use Quip without registering your email address • Import documents from Dropbox, Evernote, and email • Inbox filters enable you to filter find your unread messages and private documents • Your private documents are now full screen and easier to find • You can now hide the chat thread when you want to avoid distraction while you write • Find colleagues using Quip from Contacts or from your webmail address book
1.4 (Oct, 2013)-
• Quip is now available in Japanese, Portuguese, Turkish, and Russian
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
1.3 (Sep, 2013)-
New design for iOS 7
1.2 (Aug, 2013)-
• Quip is now available in Deutsch, Français, Español, Italiano and ??(??) • Add and edit links in documents more easily • Copy and paste improvements, especially for long documents • Bugs fixes and stability improvements
1.1 (Aug, 2013)-
Move documents into and out of folders more easily
• Remove people from documents and folders
• @mention people and documents in messages
• Send messages to people who aren't yet using Quip
• Copy and delete the messages you've sent
• Bugs fixes and stability improvements
This release fixes also fixes a common crash with the 1.0.2 release.
1.0.2 (Aug, 2013)-
• Move documents into and out of folders more easily • Remove people from documents and folders • @mention people and documents in messages • Send messages to people who aren't yet using Quip • Copy and delete the messages you've sent • Bugs fixes and stability improvements
1.0.1 (Aug, 2013)-
Fixes for the top few bugs/crashes from our first release.
Fantastic, love the collaboration, how easy the app loads up, the simpleness of it. However, when you click enter from a line, the space after is too large. I would like to be able to click enter and use it like a single spaced doc. Also, make a desktop app! That'd be awesome. And the iOS 7 design is awesome but still some stuff you guys haven't picked up on (when you click new folder, the following popup is all iOS 6.