What if reading eBooks and fiction was more like playing video games? Download Crowded Fiction, the amazing new eBook app. • THE GUARDIAN: “Journalist hero Jackson encounters fist-fights and car chases while investigating a museum curator's murder. Worth investigating…”
• GIZMODO: “Interactivity in games is great isn’t it? Why can’t you have that with a book? Crowded Fiction attempts to change that. Swipe your way through a fist fight, steer your way through a car chase. All through literature.”
• POLYGON: "...resembles Choose Your Own Adventure books, with the reader being able to change the story as the words appear by touching the screen and manipulating the device in other ways."
• GEEKWIRE: “Booth is dyslexic and struggled with reading as a teenager. That was part of his inspiration for creating Crowded Fiction as a way to bring his expertise with video games into the reading world.”
Featuring JACKSON’S CHOICE, our debut book: As Jackson, you will: throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen, literally steer your way through an explosive car chase, control the pace as you explore exotic locations, read body language to master conversation scenes.
For young journalist Jackson, a routine assignment in Athens, ends with a museum curator lying dead in a pool of blood.
As Jackson, you will: • Rush forward or take your time to look around as you explore ancient catacombs, Greek markets, and the streets of Paris. • Throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen. • Read body language to get your interview subject to open up, outwit a security guard, and to keep your cool while being threatened by brutal thugs. • Literally steer your way through an explosive car chase. • Earn XBOX LIVE style achievements and compete with your Facebook friends in the leaderboard.
CROWDED FICTION: Each chapter has a dilemma; your choice and that of your friends and the crowd will shape Jackson’s personality and the story line in the next book. Jackson’s Choice was funded via kickstarter.com (as Vidya Books) and every character is based on one of our backers.
Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at email@example.com
* The book you ‘drive!!’ - all new interactive driving sequence in Jackson’s Choice * Achievements now give points. Tap on a friend in the leader board to compare your achievements with theirs * Bug fixes
1.0.1 (Aug, 2013)-
* The book you ‘drive!!’ - all new interactive driving sequence in Jackson’s Choice * Tap on a friend in the leader board to compare your achievements with theirs * Bug fixes
App Store Reviews
App649, 5 stars:
This is a fun interactive e-book. I enjoy the challenges of the story line with me controlling the situations by my choices. Much like a combination of gaming and reading. Great for a teenager with dyslexia, like myself, that desires multi-sensory format but also an amazing read for anyone.
This is really a terrific format for reading...fun and interactive. Makes me want to read on. Love the choices I get to make and the visual effects. I think this would really help any person struggling to find reading enjoyable.
Love the book-- the whole family reads it together. We vote on where the story can go. Love the app because you get to move, swipe, or spin your iPad/iPhone to feel and make the story move along! Only thing we had issue with was chapter 3-- the swipe bar at the bottom of the page did not show our choices(even when we tried re-reading the chapter)--we still got to read the chapter-just not sure if we where looking in the right direction. Can not wait to see the next part--great idea! Kids are asking every night if the next part is out.