TextTool is a text editor that makes it easy to manipulate text through multiple, built-in, powerful transformation options. If you've found yourself needing to sort, dedupe, split, join, change case, URL encode, or search and replace text, TextTool can help. With the use of a powerful API, TextTool can also be integrated into your complex workflows with ease.
* 28 different text transforms:
* Affix (add a prefix or suffix) * Change Case (change to uppercase, lowercase, Sentence case, or Word Case) * Comment/Uncomment (prefix lines with common source code comment characters or remove them) * Encode/Decode (for URLs) * Dedupe (remove duplicate lines) * Entify/Deentify (applies HTML entities to text, such as "&" to "&" ) * List/Delist (prefix each line with a bullet, asterisk, hyphen, or number or remove it) * Entab/Detab (translate tabs to spaces and vice versa) * Educate/Simplify (add/remove smart quotes, hyphens, etc.) * Escape/Unescape (for inclusion in text strings) * Indent/Outdent (by tabs or spaces) * Join/Split (join into one line or separate into multiple lines by delimiter) * Pop/Shift (remove first or last line) * Replace (simple search and replace) * Regex (full regular expression support) * Sort (sort lines of text) * Trim (remove leading and trailing whitespace) * Wrap (clean up text and word wrap it)
* Apply text transformations to all text in the editor or a selection only. * Customizable options for many transforms. * Ability to apply transforms by line of text. * Multiple font options (fixed- and variable-width) and ability to control font size in-app. * Ability to switch the text editor to and from fixed-width and variable-width fonts. * Convenient gestures to aid editing, such as swipes to move by character. * Full, multi-level undo support. * Share text via clipboard, mail, message, or social services. * Export text to other apps on your device via Open In. * Universal app. Buy it once for both iPhone and iPad. * All text transformations available via x-callback-url. * TextExpander touch shared snippet support and support for fill-ins. * Full support for external keyboards including keyboard shortcuts (and iOS 9's shortcuts discovery features). * Fully 64-bit compliant. * Fully supports iOS 9 and all iOS device sizes. * Fully compatible with iOS 9's Side by Side and Slide Over. * Detailed help and x-callback-url documentation available in-app.
We will never ask you for reviews in the app or include ads; however, an App Store review is greatly appreciated and helps future development.
Please do not submit support requests via the App Store as we cannot respond to them. Please use the in-app support option, the Contacts page on the Web site, or Twitter.
- Improved handling of the [[output]] parameter when chaining TextTool to itself. (See: http://d.pr/FY6W)
- Help documents are no longer cut off at the bottom of the document on 3.5" iPhones.
- Updated and corrected help documents.
1.0.1 (Dec, 2013)-
- Updated the TextExpander touch SDK to 2.3. Reminders access is no longer required, but you will need to manually update your snippets. See http://smilesoftware.com/blog/entry/important-changes-in-textexpander-touch-for-ios for more information.
- App should no longer hang when x-success is provided via x-callback-url.
- Attempting to decode malformed URL encoding no longer crashes the app.
- Replace transform no longer crashes the app if find/replace is left blank.
- Squashed a number of other small bugs, as well.