back to jobs
Job type: (Fulltime) , Job location: Onsite - Oakland, CA
, Non-US Applicants: (No)
Think about impacting 50M users in innovative and imaginative ways. We do this every day and you can too. If you are a highly motivated, creative and big thinker who is interested in building next generation Dictionary experiences across web, mobile and social networking platforms, we want to talk to you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to shape the world’s most popular dictionary for future generations.
Dictionary.com is seeking an exceptional iOS Developer to be a part of a team that is driving and developing best-in-class mobile app experiences. The ideal candidate will have iOS mobile development experience coupled with an understanding of design. This position will colloborate with our Product and UI/UX teams to strengthen our web, tablet, and mobile products and user experience.
- Maintain existing mobile apps & work with team to design and develop new features for current and future Dictionary.com apps.
- Explore technical feasibility tradeoffs and consult on solutions
- Liaison with external & internal resources
- Deliver clean, well-documented code
- Perform unit and regression testing
- Ability and willingness to mentor others on mobile technologies
- 3 - 4 years development experience
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated Objective C and Apple iOS and related APIs, SDKs (such as Cocoa, X-code) and in-depth knowledge of UI constructs
- Excellent troubleshooter and problem solver
- Possess ability to adequately size projects and provide status updates
- Understanding of code documentation best practices and style
- Strong communication skills with developers and non-technical staff
- Must learn and work well independently, and also within a collaborative team environment
- Developed a published iOS app
- C++ skills
- Knowledge of app submission/approval process
- Experience with source control
Apply with TapFame Portfolio